by Michael Corthell
To affirm something, by definition, means that you are declaring something to be true.
Positive affirmations (self-talk), are statements directed toward ourselves that are said with total confidence about a perceived truth.
Affirmations work because they have the power to program your mind(subconsciously) into believing the stated concept. There are positive and negative types of affirmations. I bet you can remember as a child being told by a teacher, parent or coach that we didn’t have the ability to do something, or we were too fat, clumsy, etc. If we believed what was said, we became what we were labeled. Don't accept negative affirmations. Stay positive ALWAYS.
Let's start with some standard positive affirmations. Pick the ones that are right for you — and/or add your own.
- I am peaceful in my body, heart, and soul.
- I easily see the lesson or the blessing in all that is.
- Every day, I offer gratitude, trust and faith for everything that happens in my life.
- I am authentic and present.
- I am successful in everything I attempt.
- I am a magnet for money and abundance.
- Love, wisdom, and discernment coexist in my heart.
- Deep love is my birthright.
- When faced with two choices, I always take the higher path.
- I am guided by a higher power.
- I am energetic and strong.
- I see the best in everyone and they in me.
When we repeat these affirmations, we make a statement to ourselves and the Universe(God). We declare our intention to be a better person. The declaration is perceived by our subconscious mind as the truth. It is a ''fake it 'till we make it' kind of truth. Repetition is the key.
Did I say repeat them over and over? Here are more to choose from:
- I am healthy and happy.
- Wealth is pouring into my life.
- I am sailing on the river of wealth.
- I am getting wealthier each day.
- My body is healthy and functioning in a very good way.
- I have a lot of energy.
- I study and comprehend fast.
- My mind is calm.
- I am calm and relaxed in every situation.
- My thoughts are under my control.
- I radiate love and happiness.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I have the perfect job for me.
- I am living in the house of my dreams.
- I have good and loving relations with my wife/husband.
- I have a wonderful and satisfying job.
- I have the means to travel abroad, whenever I want to.
- I am successful in whatever I do.
- Everything is getting better every day.
It may take up to three weeks for this positivity to sink in. Don't give up. Love yourself. Being good to yourself and being positive will always succeed in making you a better person.
Always remember that self-improvement is not a selfish act. The better people that we become, the better able we are to help others. Be unstoppable. Nothing is impossible. Be a blessing. Do good!
Unconditional positive regard -- the power of self acceptance
| Michelle Charfen |
This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED Conferences. Michelle shares her personal journey towards Unconditional Positive Regard and self acceptance through the lens of parenting. This is a story about relationships and ultimately the relationship you have with yourself.