When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun.
And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.
To be successful in your life, you must be willing to stand out and stand apart from the rest. You must act and be yourself.
Success is something that is unfortunately currently achieved by only a small number of people. It is my goal that all people live positive and therefore productive and successful lives.
Also, in today's world you will discover, as you become successful, that there are many who, out of jealousy or envy, will belittle your achievements. No matter. When you have the courage of your convictions, nothing can keep you from becoming successful.
You will develop confidence in your beliefs by doing your own thinking and by constantly being testing and revising your knowledge.
Why Confidence Leads to Success:
- The Drive to Start Things – Confident people start things. They are not shy about striking out on a new idea even when those around them are still pondering it.
- The Ability to Stand Up for Oneself – Confidence allows you to stand up for yourself in a fair and consistent manner. Otherwise, you may find yourself unheard or unfairly treated.
- The Ability to Say No – Confident people have the ability to say 'No' where appropriate. They do not take on unnecessary or inappropriate work or obligations.
- The Ability to Say Yes – And at the same time, confident individuals say 'Yes' to opportunity. They do not miss new options because they are shy. I have seen individuals’ pass up opportunities (even promotions) because they didn’t think they were “worthy.”
- Confidence Overcomes Fear – Lack of confidence can lead to paralysis from fear. Fear of failure. Fear of what others think. Fear of the unknown. To succeed, you need the confidence to face and overcome your fears.
- Believe In Themselves – Self-confidence means believing in yourself. Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t — you’re right.” He was right.
- Set the Bar High Enough – Confident individuals set the bar high and aim high. Lack of confidence leads to weak goals, setting the bar too low, and mediocre results.
- Stretch Your Limits – Confidence lets you know your limits and test them. By stretching your limits you increase them. You are stronger than you think.
- Confidence Asks Questions – Confidence allows you to ask questions, even when others are silent. Confidence even lets you 'ask for the job.'
- Believe In Winning – Confident people believe in success. And more importantly, they believe in their ability to succeed.
''Somehow I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C s. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.''
The skill of self confidence
| Dr. Ivan Joseph | TEDxRyersonU
As the Athletic Director and head coach of the Varsity Soccer team at Ryerson University, Dr. Joseph is often asked what skills he is searching for as a recruiter: is it speed? Strength? Agility? In Dr. Joseph's TEDx Talk, he explores self confidence and how it is not just the most important skill in athletics, but in our lives.
Post a Comment