by Michael Corthell
Having a positive mindset means having peace, love and joy in your life. How can everyone attain and keep those three things? First of all I can tell you how not to find them or how to lose these three things once you have found them — by returning to a negative mindset. So, don't do that. Be positive in thought and action ALWAYS. Everything takes effort and being positive about life is no different. So, there are certain things you have to do in order to create a positive mindset. Your new, joy filled and happy life awaits you by discovering how to keep your thoughts positive and have a positive mindset.
''The fruit that the Spirit(of God) produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things.'' — Galatians 5:22-23
First CHOOSE to think positive, then practice these suggestions:
1. Always remember that as you think, so you become. Your life becomes what your thoughts make it.
2. Never entertain thoughts of revenge. Never try to get even with your enemies. Love them instead. God is the one who takes care of all that. Karma is real.
3. Expect ingratitude. Give for the joy of giving, expecting nothing in return. If you don't follow this advice you will create resentment in yourself, which is a negative thought process which may lead to thoughts of revenge.
4. Count your blessings – not your troubles. Be grateful for what you have, not what you don't have. What you don't have, you don't have for a reason. If you want a thing, figure out first if you really need it.
5. Be yourself. Do not imitate others. There is only one you! God created you for a specific purpose. The Universe does not like counterfeits. Being someone you're not is lying to the world. If you truly want to not be yourself try acting.
6. Always profit from your losses. Learn from your mistakes. Remember that if you're not making mistakes you are not learning, progressing or succeeding.
7. Be a blessing. Create happiness for others. Be a blessing to at least two people everyday. Yourself first and then at least one other person. THAT is a successful day. (if you suffer from depression, this seventh way is very, very important because it is impossible to stay depressed if you are committed to making others happy)
8. Pray. YES, always and continually. Pray for wisdom and understanding and it shall be yours. For many people, prayer is just something that is recited, and by limiting it to that, you will miss the whole point, because prayer is infinitely more than that. It is tapping into the Infinite Intelligence of the Universe (God). And my friends and fellow travelers that is were the good stuff is. God, if you ask, will give you all the power you need to do all that you need and want to do. Express your gratitude for all you've been given, forgive and ask for forgiveness in prayer. But do remember to be grateful.
''Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.''
— Matthew 7:7-8
What makes a happy and healthy life?
by Robert Waldinger
What keeps us happy and healthy as we go through life? If you think it's fame and money, you're not alone – but, according to psychiatrist Robert Waldinger, you're mistaken. As the director of 75-year-old study on adult development, Waldinger has unprecedented access to data on true happiness and satisfaction. In this talk, he shares three important lessons learned from the study as well as some practical, old-as-the-hills wisdom on how to build a fulfilling, long life.