|Hang in there buddy!|
''It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop.''
[tenacious - holding firmly: a tenacious grip, that retains well; retentive: a tenacious memory, that holds together strongly; cohesive, that clings; adhesive, persistent; stubborn: tenacious courage]
Tenacious to most people is a positive term. If I call someone tenacious that means they are probably the kind of person who never gives up, never stops trying and a person who does whatever is necessary to complete a task or reach a goal. They also could be very stubborn. It is hard to get a tenacious person to quit. 'Stick-to-itiveness' is a synonym for a tenacious nature. I like that down to earth term a little better.
If you are not this type of person, do you want to be? Let's see how you can develop this important character trait...
- Have Faith. You have to believe in yourself and what you do. Tell yourself, ''I can''. ''I will''.
- Document your goals. You have to have a written plan. Your mind will then take your plans seriously and that will give you strong motivation to go after them.
- Excise the emotion and drama. Keep working even when you don't feel like it. One of the biggest mistakes that people make is believing that they should only keep moving when they feel like it.
- Keep Motivated. Read or watch motivational talks. Talk to others who have 'made it'.
- Make tenacious friends. People reinforce each other with their beliefs, so be around tenacious people as much as you can. Watch, listen and learn.
- Understand that many people go 'googoo gaga'. That is, they speak nonsense. When you know this the fact, that most of those who put you down know nothing, you won't lose hope easily when they say, ''You can't do that!''.
- Burn the Ships. Motivate yourself by eliminating the option of giving up. Make is so that you make it or lose it.
Tenacity and self confidence go hand in hand. The number one reason people give up is that they lose faith in their abilities and themselves. This is why building self confidence is one of the most important personality traits. Be bold and confident, develop an iron will and hang on!